he Stiga Estate 598 W ride on mower has an 98cm deck (38") and is powered by a Stiga ST550 Twin Cylinder 586cc engine which provides a massive amount 11.9 kW of power to the hydrostatic transmission. Driving the hydrostatic model is simplicity itself, the further you press forward the drive pedal the faster the machine travels. This new model is quiet and powerful due to this twin cylinder engine.
Operating the 98cm cutting deck could not be easier; you just pull the control switch for "On" and push it in for "Off". It has seven preset cutting heights ranging from 25mm to 80mm selected by using the lever at the side of the seat and the cutting height can also be adjusted on the move. Grass cuttings are blown from the twin bladed cutter deck into a large 240 litre rear mounted collector. An alarm sounds to let the driver know when the collector is full.
Emptying the collector of the Estate 598 W lawn tractor is done from the driving seat; simply pull the tipping lever the collector opens and empties out the clippings, you don't need to get off the tractor at all.
The Stiga Estate 598 W garden tractor is extremely versatile,it can collect the grass clippings or if required rear discharge them. When conditions allow, it can also multiclip and recycle your grass!!
Mulching grass is a great bonus as it saves so much time; it can be around 30% quicker as there is no stopping work to drive to the tip to empty clippings. Mulching the grass allows the clippings to be recycled into the lawn, conditioning the soil as they decompose forming a natural fertiliser high in potash and nitrogen. You will see a great improvement in your grass as this fertiliser takes effect over the course of the season. You might ask "Will I see the mulched grass?" and the answer is "No!" The clippings are blown down into the growing grass and are not noticeable provided the grass is cut regularly and not on the lowest setting. Some owners may prefer to collect grass cuttings on areas close to the house to be certain that children or pets don't carry them inside, then use the mulching facility on all the other areas.Swapping from collection or mulch mode is extremely simple and takes less than a minute; simply remove the collector, insert the mulch plug into the discharge chute and replace the collector. To return to collection simply reverse the procedure.
The Mulch Plug, Towbar and Battery charger are optional extras
- Hydro-drive for smooth, instinctive ground-speed control
- High-performance Stiga OHV engine with V-Twin cylinders for smooth, low-vibration operation
- Hassle-free electric key start
- Choose between multiple cutting-heights, selectable using a single spring-assisted lever
- Roomy collector leads to a reduction in downtime caused by emptying-stops
- Audible 'collector full' alarm
- Comfortable light-touch steering
- Deck-wash facility makes the removal of clumped clippings simple
- Contact-breaker on the driver's seat for optimum user-safety
- Large-diameter drive-wheels will prove gentle on delicate surfaces
- Capacious fuel-tank for long, uninterrupted runs
- Twin LED headlights for safe mowing in low-light conditions
- Front bumper provides robust impact-resistance
- Rear deflector, tow-bar and mulch-kit offered as optional extras